Friday, July 31, 2009

Kaleidoscope


Sometimes life is like looking through a kaleidoscope when you’re a kid. My life has been that way lately. Unexpected splashes of color have been thrown into the space occupied by my conscious mind, where light is reflected and refracted and converted into a beautiful picture, a source inspiration.

The most important and vital splash is that Nelly and Simon are here in Seattle and I got to spend Wednesday and Thursday with them. It’s so fucking good to see your friends after so long an absence.

I’m going to try to write a series over the next week or so. In sequence then, I’m hoping to do the following blog entries:

Glass Bubble
Writer’s Block
Phallocentrism
The Joy of Building a Life with Your Partner

I’ve tried to write series before and failed. I’m not going to be afraid to keep trying. I can do this. It doesn’t matter how many times I fail. I am patient enough to achieve this.

No comments: