Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Muse is a Whore

I wrote this to my buddy Sebastian a few weeks ago:

I don't buy that "I have no choice; I'm channeling the muse" shit. The Muse is a whore. She promises everything and delivers nothing. She sets you up on impossible tasks and while you work like a galley slave to achieve them, she’s off fucking some other guy.

Well, I don’t buy it. The Muse is nothing more than the imagination hiding behind the image of an enticing woman so you give her everything she wants. The imagination is a presumptuous, if useful impulse that wants to be in charge of your mind. Fuck that shit. The first thing you do establish control by back-handing the bitch as hard as you can. Then, using strict discipline, you throw her down and fuck her for all she’s worth. A resourceful guy knows just how to fuck her because he can read the meaning of every one of her moans, but at no time do you ever let the bitch have control.

Reason and technique are the ultimate S&M whip.

I think that Nietzsche understood this, which is why he was so inventive and prolific. Of course, Nietzsche virtually never got laid, which is good proof that one should never treat a REAL woman this way. And of course, I used to put women up on pedestals and I never got laid either. That's probably why I like the analogy so much. But I’ve told it to feminist lesbian friends and gotten a smile. And I found the attitude really helps improve productivity and skill. The imagination just asks for too much, too much of the time. It'll drive a guy nuts.

No comments: